If you do not know our family are huge Giants baseball fans. So in honor of them making the playoffs I decided to make "Giants" Whoopie Pies. They may look a little messing in the picture but they sure are delicious! I actually got this recipe from pinterest, since I am not the best baker in the family, but I was able to pull these off. Go Giants!!!
"Giants" Whoopie Pies
- 1 package German Chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon orange food coloring
1. For the cookies, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat cake mix, water, cocoa powder, oil, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with electric mixer until moistened.
2. Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter, 2 inches apart, onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
3. Bake 8 minutes or until cookies are puffed. Cool on a wire racks.
4. For the filling, beat the butter, sugar, marshmallow cream and food coloring in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
5. To assemble the whoopee pies, place 1 tablespoon filling on flat side of 1 cookie. Top with a second cookie, pressing gently to spread the filling. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.