Ahi Tuna Salad
- 8 oz sushi grade ahi tuna
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 16 sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 avocado, sliced
- rice sticks ( I use Maifun Rice Sticks)
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- To Make the rice sticks, pour vegetable oil into pan, at lease 2 inches deep, heat to 400 degrees. Add sticks a little at a time, when the noodles come to the top of oil, remove ( they should instantly puff up). Drain briefly on paper towel
- For the snap peas, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the snap peas for about 5 minutes, drain and let cool. In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuces, bell pepper, green onion, carrots, bean sprouts, almonds, avocados and snap peas.
- Season Tuna on both sides with salt and pepper. In a skillet heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Sear tuna on all sides, remove from heat and let set. Cut into thin slices.
- For the dressing, combine the rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and canola oil, mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, top with the rice sticks and the tuna.