I just made these yummy, healthy tostadas for my hubby last night and they were delish! I just had to share
Shrimp Tostadas for 2
- 1/2 pound shrimp (peeled, deveined, tail off and cut into thirds)
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 can black beans
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the tortillas on a foil lined baking sheet and cook the tortillas for about 10-15 minutes, until they get crispy.
- Heat the black beans and keep warm.
-Once the shrimp is cleaned and cut, season with the taco seasoning, (any kind will work). Heat a medium size pan over medium to high heat pour a little oil in the pan and add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for about 3-4 minutes until light pink. Add the lime juice to the pan to finish cooking the shrimp another 1-2 minutes.
- To assemble, place the tortilla down, add the beans, top with the lettuce, shrimp and guacamole.
chefs note- You can use my peach guacamole recipe or use store bought guacamole.