My dear dear friend took me to a cooking class at Whole Foods a couple weeks ago. We had the best time...and drank lots of wine ;) One of the items on the menu, was this fennel citrus salad. Between sips of wine and hushed conversations I, kind of sort of, witnessed this salad being made. I thought it was a pretty cool idea. It looked easy enough. Then it came time for us to all try it for ourselves...HOLY MOLY!!!! This salad was da Bomb!!!!! I immediately wished i had paid more attention to how it was made. I've spent the past two weeks trying to recreate the amazingness of this salad. I think i finally got it! Here goes it.
P.S. I would love to know what all of you think of this recipe.
- 5 cups baby arugula
- 3 small organic grapefruit peeled and sliced
- 1 bulb of fennel with green stalks removed and then sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slices
- Parmesan shaving for garnish
- "Oh Heck Yeah" dressing (recipe below)
- Place baby arugula on a large platter. This salad will feed 2-4 people.
- In a medium size bowl mix fennel, grapefruit and half of the dressing. Then spread the mixture over the arugula.
- Top with almond slices and parmesan shavings.
- Spoon the remainder of the dressing atop the arugula.
"Oh Heck Yeah" Dressing: Mix all ingredients together.
- 1/3 cup good olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- One clove garlic minced
- One shallot minced
- 2 tablespoons capers roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard