- 16 oz store bought pesto (or you can make your own)
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 5 cups spinach, sauteed ( I usually measure with handfuls of spinach)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sauteed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 package of lasagna noodles
1. Boil water in a large pot and add the lasagna noodles. Cook the noodles for about 3-5 minutes, or until the are soft enough to work with. Drain the noodles, but reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
2. Add the pasta water to the pesto sauce and mix well.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4. For the lasagna pour some of the pesto sauce on the bottom of a pan, (just to coat the bottom) then layer the lasagna noodles, add some more of the pesto sauce, mushrooms, spinach, zucchini, and the cheeses. Repeat this process 2 more times. end with the rest of the vegetables, sauce and cheese on top.
5. Cover with foil and cook for about 40 minutes, take off the foil and finish in the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.