Thursday, September 4, 2014

Brown Sugar Banana Cake


I know I am a little late to the party!!!  But better late than never...Right?  This recipe mixes the perfect flavors and sugars to give it a unique taste.  Here is my "rustic" looking cake but if I have a little extra time I actually frost the entire thing and it looks pretty spectacular.

Brown Sugar Banana Cake

Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 2/3 cup plain yogurt
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnut
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease two 8-inch round pans.  In a small bowl whisk the flour, baking soda and salt.  In a large bowl cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs one at a time.  Mix in the bananas.  Add flour mixture alternately with the yogurt.  Stir in the walnuts by hand.  Pour into baking pans and bake for 30 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.  



Frosting
  • 2 sticks butter
  • 8 ounces of cream cheese
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 4 cups of powdered sugar

Directions 

Beat first three ingredients together then gradually add the powdered sugar.  

Frost any way you like and enjoy!

-Kelli

p.s. I just noticed my sons connect toy under my picture of the batter...please disregard...occupational hazard of having two small children in the kitchen with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment