Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Grilled Pork Chop in Chili Lime Cilantro Sauce



I recently moved home and in with my parents! Everyone asks "why did you leave San Diego for Fresno"? And the answer is simple, I missed my family, and I had a great job opportunity. I have been home for about a month now and I have no regrets. I have not started my new job yet... but it has been nice catching up with my sisters and their sons. Last night was beautiful outside and I made dinner for my parents. Nothing better then great food,  nice weather, and GREAT WINE!

Ingredients

  • 4 pork chops 
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 1 garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped 
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red peppers ( more if you like a little kick)
  • 1/3 cup olive oil 
  • salt and pepper


Method of prep
  1. Make the chili lime cilantro sauce mix the lime juice, garlic, dijon mustard, cilantro, red peppers, and salt and pepper. In a slow stream add the olive oil and whisk until combined. Let rest for about an hour
  2. Turn the grill on medium heat. Season the pork chops with some salt and pepper.
  3. Grill the pork chops until the are done. Plate and drizzle the sauce over the chops. Serve immediately . 
  4. I served this with sauteed brussel sprouts with salt pepper and garlic in olive oil. 
Chefs nots: This sauce is great for grilling. You can make this sauce and add it to chicken, steak, or even fish such as halibut. 


No comments:

Post a Comment