Thursday, August 21, 2014

Nemo Treats: Great for Luch Boxes




It has been quite some time since my sisters and I have created a new post on this blog.  We have had many wonderful life changes over the past few years: new babies, a marriage, and a whole lot of wonderful memories created between us.  I have been busy in the kitchen this summer creating and experimenting with new recipes.  Some are my creations, others are wonderful delicious recipes from bloggers, authors, and family members.  I look forward to sharing them with you soon.  

The recipe I am posting today is so simple and creative.  It put a smile on my face when I first saw it.  I made a whole bunch today, and my little guy will be sent to school with them in his lunch box tomorrow.  

Nemo Treats

Ingredients
  • Dried apricots
  • White candy melts
  • Raisins
Directions

Prepare your fish by cutting one apricot in half.  This will be the front (head) and back of the body.  Cut another apricot in thirds.  The middle and one of the ends will be the body and tail of Nemo.  Repeat this step until you have your desired amount.  I made 24 fish.  

Melt white candy in a double boiler or microwave.

Begin by laying down the head of your fish on a parchment lined cookie sheet.  Dip part of the body in the white candy and attach it to the head.  Now dip the back of the fish in the white candy and attach to the body.  Finally dip the tail and attach it to the back.  Repeat until all your fish are assembled.  Once the fish are assembled on the sheet, do not attempt to move them until they are completely dry.  You can put them in the refrigerator to speed up the drying process.

Once you have completed the previous step, dip one raisin in the candy melt and attach it to the head.  Now your fish is complete.


Enjoy these cute treats at kid parties, one the road, or in a lunch box :)

-Erin


Recipe adapted from food.com

No comments:

Post a Comment